Monday, October 17, 2011

Sick kid

Last week at my MOPS steering meeting we talked about anxiety and how we are told in the bible to not be anxious, but rest in God's peace.  Well today I am putting that into practice.  This is one of my favorite weeks in a month a MOPS meeting week!  We only meet twice a month and the speaker who is coming tomorrow is one I was really looking forward to hearing! Well today Nolan got sick:(  One of the verses we spent a long time discussing last week was one that talked about being THANKFUL.  How can I be thankful that I have a sick child and will be missing my MOPS meeting tomorrow because of it.....well here is what I found to be thankful for
1. I am home caring for my sick little babe
2. I have great friends who will tell me all about the speaker tomorrow
3.  We can have a pajama day
4. It is a beautiful fall day
5. We are home and NOT at the hospital

It may not seem like a eath shattering list but it is a start and being thankful really has helped me stay positive and have the energy to snuggle him while keeping the other 2 occupied.  I realize that Makenzie just sleeps most of the time but she does require some attention too.  Tobyn has been a real trooper and Greg even was able to come home for a couple hours to snuggle too!

Thank you God for my family and that I am able to be home daily to take care of them.














No comments: