Monday, December 31, 2012

No more perfect moms....what a relief

I kind of took the day off yesterday, Greg was fine with me just lying around going to bed early and not really picking up after anyone all day.  When I got up this morning I realise that maybe I should have been picking up yesterday as the downstairs is a disaster.  I am not a perfect mom! 


In November a bunch of moms from my local MOPS group went to Hearts at Home.  I came home feeling refreshed and excited about a new book Jill Savage has written called No More Perfect Moms.  Well that is ME; just ask my mom she'll tell you.  Then Hearts at Home said they were looking for a launch team for this new book, I filled out a little application thinking to myself they will never pick me; imagine my suprise when I got a email saying they picked me.  Maybe my mom called in a refrence:)  Anyway I have started reading the book very slowly and have already been so encouraged.  Do you know how encouraging it can be to have someone BIG say they forgot their daughter at basketball practice....hey I forgot to pack a lunch for my daughter at school one day.  Maybe there really are no perfect moms.
The book will be available sometime Feburary 4-9 and Moody publications is going to have some great incentives to buy the book.  If you can't wait until Feburary head over to the No More Perfect Mom website http://www.hearts-at-home.org/index.php/nmpm-home it is filled with great resources and encouragement.

Finally I  would like to offer you moms a challenge, from one unperfect mom to another to joing the 31 day No more perfect mom challenge offered by Hearts at home.  You can click here to sign uphttp://www.hearts-at-home.org/index.php/nmpm-about/nmpm-email.  I already signed up for the challenge and I hope you do too.

What a great way to start the new year 2013 by letting the world know I am NOT a perfect mom. 


Blessings to you from one unperfect mom to another,
Michelle

No comments: